Urenco is committed to encouraging equality and diversity within our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. Our aim is to provide equality, fairness and respect to all individuals, including those taking part in our recruitment and selection processes.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We are striving towards strong, diverse, and complementary teams in an inclusive and authentic workplace. So if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be just the right candidate for this, or other roles, and we would like to hear from you!
• Manage all R&D portfolio processes, including project prioritization and the R&D prioritisation board, project initiation & closure and document approval. Establish and maintain project controls on all R&D projects, including status/progress and resource allocation (FTE & labs). Compile and create regular status reports for R&D and disseminate to customers and other stakeholders. Manage any R&D portfolio conflicts/contention, risks or issues as needed. Provide inputs to the Project Control Board as required
• Manage the interfaces to the Design Authority, Asset Management and Group Projects ensuring quality inputs and that all new processes and technology is qualified in line with the qualification procedure and applicable procedures
• Support the creation of the UTD Quality Management System by assuring the documentation, control and continual improvement of R&D processes and development and maintenance of R&D governance and KPIs
• Manage the budgeting and financial control process within R&D, feed into Group financial processes and regularly provide the Head of R&D with a consolidated financial overview. Coordinate the interface between the various R&D teams and Procurement (strategy, initiatives, commodity & supplier activities
• Ability to co-ordinate and facilitate multiple projects teams needs and requirements through constant communication with necessary external partners & internal departments
We are now looking for an individual who can make a difference and add value to our existing Team. The following skills and experience will provide an indication of the types of Team Players we are looking for:
Holds a Bachelor’s degree or a ideally a recognised professional qualification or certification in programme/project management
Competent in managing international programmes, ideally involving research and technical development
Demonstrate excellent communication, time management, stakeholder management and political acumen skills
Able to write good quality technical & scientific reports
Can show honed ability in implementing programme/project management processes and driving continual improvement
Involvement of establishing governance, KPIs and reports for a programme and/or business function
Pro-active and collaborative, seeks the best path to enable optimum outputs for the R&D function
This is a permanent, full-time role, to be based in either Almelo, Gronau, Capenhurst or Stoke Poges.