The main areas of responsibility will include:
·To guide and manage the R&D Team in regards to supporting all current and developing product lines. Supporting the Head of R&D by assisting in the development and operation of the wider R&D function
· Identify new project opportunities for the Chemistry capability including the set-up and management of any new or emerging products and facilities.
· Lead the planning, mobilisation & delivery of new and central R&D programmes and act as the 'key account manager' in relation to agreed scope, timeframes, quality standards, budgets and service levels.
· To own associated technology and run any dedicated R&D facilities and infrastructure.
· To foster & support innovation, building required skills and capabilities within the department, capturing and managing knowledge accusation & transfer.
We are now looking for an individual who can make a difference and add value to our existing Team, the following skills and experience will provide an indication of the types of Team Players we are looking for:
· A person who holds a Masters or equivalent degree in Chemistry or Physics, ideally educated to PhD level
· Is proficient in English and preferably speaks either German or Dutch to a good standard
· Ideally has a Nuclear Industry background, with an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of uranium fuel cycle & a thorough understanding of industry safety & regulations.
· Comprehensive knowledge of all enrichment and de-conversion plant technology and processes, confident in selecting the right technology for major projects, to satisfy technical, commercial and customer requirements using robust practises & methodologies.
· Life cycle project management & business/commercial acumen. Excels in building and fostering relationships and networks with senior stakeholders, customers and project teams.
· Capable of leading, supporting and developing R&D capabilities (processes, technology & teams) that are delivering projects across international boundaries.