Urenco is an international supplier of enrichment services and fuel cycle products for the civil nuclear industry, serving utility customers worldwide who provide low carbon electricity through nuclear generation. As a result of investment activity, Urenco are seeking people to enhance our in-house project delivery capability based in our Group Projects team based in our sites in Gronau (Germany), Almelo (Netherlands), Capenhurst (UK), and Eunice (NM, USA). Group Projects is responsible for driving excellence in portfolio management, project management, project engineering management, estimating, project controls, procurement and contract management, and construction management. As a part of Group Projects you will join a pool of experts providing subject matter consulting, advice and direct delivery of strategically significant Urenco projects.
Urenco Group Projects is entering into a period of significant and exciting change. The role will own and shape the project system for Urenco Group’s global portfolio of small and medium projects accumulating up to €100 million annual CAPEX and select projects ranging from €50 million to in excess of €500 million.
Reporting to the Manager of Project Support you will lead a local Project Support Team. You will direct and support the local delivery of project support to those local projects, either as a full time role or a part-time depending on team size and directly support local projects and portfolio demands as a first line customer point of contact. The main areas of responsibility will include:
• Overall responsibility for the reporting of project status in relation to safety, scope, cost, schedule and Business benefits objectives
• Provide portfolio level reports and resource planning
• Develop project control strategies specific to the project requirements, own the project controls plan and flow down requirements to the Supply Chain
• Ensure optimal use of Project Support resources both contract and Staff
• Analyse project and supply chain progress flagging issues to the Project Manager in good time to enable remedial action
• Responsibility for implementing project control metrics to enable performance analysis
• Lead the day-to-day activities of the project control team and develop a high performance team integrating of all sub-disciplines and functions
This role will provide report support to US projects therefore flexibility around working patterns will be required
We are now looking for an individual who can make a difference and add value to our existing Team, the following skills and experience will provide an indication of the types of Team Players we are looking for:
• Experience of leading project control teams working within multi-cultural teams including projects exceeding €10 million
• Demonstrable experience in the entire project lifecycle, from concept development to hand-over
• Educated to degree level a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
• Project Management or Project controls Qualification / Accreditation such as APM, PMI or ACostE Etc.
• Experience of and be skilled in managing ambiguity and being confident to take accountability for delivering to the business objectives
• Demonstrable ability in building teams of highly performing professionals, communicating strategy and building a team accountable for delivery
• Analytical bias with attention to detail specifically concerning data collation, analysis and presentation
• Conversant in business English and in the business language specific to role location
This role will provide remote support to US projects therefore flexibility around working patterns is an essential requirement.