The main areas of responsibility will include:
· Managing multidiscipline design team(s) to deliver 2-5 design projects simultaneously.
· To deliver Front End Engineering Design (FEED), comprising of Feasibility/Best Available Technology studies, Conceptual Design and Basic Design to Site and/or Group projects according to Customer specifications.
· Work collaboratively with project (engineering) managers and key stakeholders to deliver plant design intend to Urenco best practises and state-of-the art technology.
· Provide design assurance and design governance through supplier oversight in relation to detailed design of Core Plant Systems and Facilities.
· Act as the Intelligent Customer towards Core Plant Technology suppliers.
We are now looking for an individual who can make a difference and add value to our existing Design Technology Team, the following skills and experience will provide an indication of the types of Team Players we are looking for:
· Someone with keen analytical skills who has the ability to solve complex issues by identifying patterns and trends, utilising scientific knowledge to meet customer, license and legislation requirements.
· An individual who is degree educated to at least Bachelors level (ideally PHD) in Nuclear Sciences/Processes, Mechanical or Electrical engineering, Physics, Maths or Advanced Science / technology subjects
· Senior level experience in managing, co-ordinating & leading multi-disciplined teams to deliver medium/large plant designs, complex design & engineering projects.
· A thorough understanding and knowledge of all aspects of plant design including interfaces and boundary limits.
· Capability to translate company and customer demands into User Requirement Specifications, Business Cases requirements and specifications in relation to specific design and engineering solutions.
· A focus on high quality & performance outputs as well as actively seeking new and better ways of achieving organisational and team objectives & goals.
· Someone who is passionate about team development, coherence & collaboration. Looks to motivate and gain the best from those that work for them.